PHP and JS Health Savings Calculator
Collaborated on building a health care calculator that allows users to calculate their health care costs and view charts that display their health savings.
- Implemented a HandleBars JS for templating and JS graphing library to dynamically display charts to the user
- Stored Calculator configurations in MySQL database.
- Interfaced with existing MySQL database and used PHP to retrieve relevant data.
- Integrated with company’s existing Word Press site
- Create a UI that “wowed” the client and provided seamless data input.
- Relearning PHP for an integration project bigger than any of my previous experience.
- The developer who created the initial back-end left the company hence resuming their work with no documentation reminded me of the importance of documenting.
- Client frequently changed Calculation requirements hence designing the calculation logic to be more flexible initially would have been ideal.