Idea Hub – React & Node
Served as Tech Lead to create a SPA application to allow city residents to pitch their ideas for technological solutions that could benefit the city.
- Architected front-end application using React and Redux.
- Leveraged Redux containers to minimize code and simplify operations for future developers.
- Implemented Sagas Pattern to handle async operations
- Oversaw development of back-end using Node.JS
- Worked with city residents and local government stakeholders to identify requirements
- Functionality allowed users to vote on ideas and administrators to segment voters based on skill-set to extrapolate who could lead their ideas to completion
- Learning the exciting new framework everyone was talking about 😉
- Transitioning from the question “asker” to question “answerer” as my skills with React increased
- Wrapping my head around the component architecture approach of React versus the more MVC approach of Angular
- I couldn’t begin React right away; I had to revisit the latest Es6 syntactic advances in dot operations, arrow functions and async* promise replacements. It was humbling to see I was falling behind and needed to catch back up.