PHP and JS Health Savings Calculator
Collaborated on building a health care calculator that allows users to calculate their health care costs and view charts that display their health savings
- Implemented a HandleBars JS for templating and JS graphing library to dynamically display charts to the user
- Stored Calculator configurations in MySQL database and used PHP to retrieve relevant data
- Integrated with company’s existing Word Press site
- Creating a UI that “wowed” the client and provided seamless data input
- Relearning PHP for an integration project bigger than any of my previous experience
- The developer who created the initial back-end left the company, hence resuming their work with no documentation reminded me of the importance of good documentation.
- The client frequently changed the calculation requirements hence designing the calculation logic to be more flexible initially would have been ideal.